It is not a secret that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on small businesses all over the country and the world. The idea of Sweet Home Michiana came about at the early stages of the pandemic and our mission has been to share the stories of our community, inviting anyone viewing our content to try something new and strengthen their bonds to their respective communities. (By the way, we're basically just scratching the surface in learning the area and getting to where we want to be as locally focused consumers of goods, services, art, etc. ourselves. Not experts, but companions for anybody inspired to do the same.)
With the holiday season right around the corner, we wanted to emphasize the importance of shopping local and supporting our neighbors. We strongly encourage our readers to keep local businesses in mind and pay them a visit this holiday season, whether it be during Small Business Saturday (Saturday, November 28th) or when doing your Christmas shopping.
Below, you will find a list of businesses that we have been lucky enough to connect with during these last few months who are offering specials this holiday season. We would love to add more businesses to this list, so if you or anyone you know would be interested in being included, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be updating this list as we are made aware of new offers between now and January 1st, so check back often!
- RiverBend Apparel & Promotions, Mishawaka - We want to give a special shout-out to Becky, the owner of RiverBend Apparel & Promotions. Her Small BIZ Strong Campaign was a big inspiration for this article and she's helped us out a ton in our journey of starting our business. RiverBend offers a wide range of apparel (including brands like Carhartt, Champion, Nike, NorthFace, and Patagonia) and promotional items. They specialize in both digital printing and embroidery for you to market your brand through logoed items.
- From now until January 1st, RiverBend Apparel and Promotions is offering 20% off blankets for you to embroider your logo, a saying, or whatever you'd like! A great gift idea for your employees working from home.
- Unique Boutique International, South Bend - Owner, Traci Winston Williams's shop is home to a collection of clothing and items from all over the world and it just takes a quick glance around to understand where the shop's name came from!
- Unique Boutique is offering 50% off all items every Friday through Christmas. Not only that, but 10% of all proceeds from the shop go to Traci's non-profit H.O.T. an organization aiming to eradicate Domestic Violence in the community through education, intervention, and preventative skills. Read more about Traci's work here.
- Ziker Cleaners, South Bend/Mishawaka/Granger/Elkhart - Ziker Cleaners has a rich history in the Michiana Area and their community involvement is greatly admired by us. Expect an article feature soon! They offer dry cleaning and laundry services, including contactless delivery options.
- Ziker is offering gift card discounts through Christmas Eve. A perfect gift idea for someone who deserves a break from laundry or loves a pristine outfit. Discounts are as follows: $5 off $50, $15 off $100, $40 off $200, $60 off $300, and $80 off $400.
- Glam Boutique, Granger/Warsaw - Glam is not just a place to buy fashionable clothing, it's a space for owner Michelle Smith LeDrew to live out her passion for (and apply her experience in) fashion consulting and helping women feel beautiful!
- Now through December 24th, receive a $25 gift card with any $100 purchase. To gift or keep for yourself!
- Take Care, South Bend - Take Care is a new local service that creates care packages and subscription boxes featuring quality products from local shops and makers! You can choose from a wide selection of curated care packages OR ask for a custom order. Pickups are free at Sanaa Chocolates OR affordable no-contact delivery to South Bend, Mishawaka, Granger, Niles, Goshen, and Elkhart. Priority Mail shipping is also available to gift a taste of South Bend to out-of-towners.
- Use coupon code helloneighbor for 10% off any gift box. Mention Sweet Home Michiana when starting any custom order ($35+) and get a free gift with purchase!
- Perfectly Mperfect Jewelry, South Bend - An online store offering handmade polymer clay earrings and inspirational t-shirts for women. Owner and lead designer, Monica Brazier's idea behind her business is that, just like clay, it's our experiences in life that shape us into our unique selves. Many times it's our blemishes that mold us and beautifully define how Perfectly Mperfect we all are.
- Receive 40% off all earrings with code: THANKFUL. Expires Nov. 30th at midnight.
- The Stitch is Back, South Bend - Located in the South Bend Farmer's Market (Tues, Wed, Thurs 8-2 and Sat 8-3) The Stitch is Back offers a line of handmade home and business decor, and women's accessories. They have some very cool looking ornaments and other holiday themed items!
- 20% off on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday and with every $50 spent, receive a $10 gift card for future purchases. Starting Dec. 22nd, all Christmas items are 50% off!
- Sarae Boutique, South Bend - We did a feature on the new local business owners, Sara and Avonni, who started Sarae - an online boutique focused on providing inclusive items and empowering women through fashion.
- 30% off their entire online store, Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
- PEGGS, South Bend - PEGGS has become our go-to Downtown South Bend brunch spot where we meet to discuss important businessey stuff, but mostly end up raving about their delicious food and drink options and chatting with their friendly staff!
- Holiday Gift Card Special - Get $5 free for every $20 you buy. Holiday Gift Basket - $60 of PEGGS goodies for $45. Both offers valid through Christmas Eve.
Email email@example.com for us to add your holiday offering to the list above. Absolutely free. Just send us the offer details and any additional info about your business.
-- Jose, Anthony, and Caleb 💜